if a man wants to call you: he will call you. Don’t give up your time by waiting by the phone.
if he wants to be with you: he will do what it takes to be with you. Leave it to him to set dates, the whole “when-where-how - shabbang.”
Never give up your social life aka your friends, meetin new people and experiencing different things to set your life on spending time with him 24/7. He has his own life too. The more you hold on to him every second of everyday, the more he’ll wanna meet someone else who isn’t like that.
Don’t change for anyone - especially for him. He met you and he liked what he saw before, so why the hell are you gonna go changing now? Like what my 16- year old sister once said : ” He is mainly the creamer to your coffee. Not the coffee itself.”
Don’t make him your be all and end all. He’s an addition to your life, not your freaking life.
Always have that “pull back.” - men like interesting little bitches.
Don’t be a girl that needs a man, be a girl a man needs.- Being clingy and possesive of him all the time will only get him annoyed.Instead leave him be. He wants to hang out with his friends? Fine, let him. He wants to have a little extra time at the gym? Why not. He’s got his own life, you got your own. Constantly asking where he is or what he’s doing only shows you dont trust him and not trusting him would mean you’re not confident which means you’re insecure. Remember, if there’s one thing a girl looks good in, its not make up honey, it’s fucking confidence.
Nineteen things I’ve learned before I turned nineteen.
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lot’s of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it.
things i haven’t learned in high school
- how to pay bills
- how to buy a house
- how to buy a car
- how to apply for loans for college
but thank jesus i can graph a polynomial function